IMPORTANT SURVEY REMINDERS
The City School District of Albany was notified of 22 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 from Dec. 1-7.
One case is associated with the district’s administrative offices at Academy Park. The person was last in the building Dec. 2.
Three cases are associated with Albany High School.
One case is associated with Albany School of Humanities. The person is not associated with a grade and was last in school Dec. 5.
Five cases are associated Arbor Hill Elementary School.
One case is associated with with Eagle Point Elementary School. The person is not associated with a grade and was last in school Dec. 5.
Four cases are associated with Harriet Gibbons Student Services Center. None is associated with a grade. Two were last in the building Dec. 2, one Dec. 1 and one Nov. 22.
One case is associated with Montessori Magnet School. The person is not associated with a grade and was last in school Dec. 6.
One case is associated with North Albany Middle School. The person is not associated with a grade and was last in school Dec. 2.
One case is associated with Pine Hills Elementary School. The person is not associated with a grade and was last in school Dec. 6.
Two cases are associated with Thomas O’Brien Academy of Science and Technology (TOAST). Neither person is associated with a grade. One was last in school Dec. 2 and the other Nov. 29.
One case is associated with Tony Clement Center for Education. The person is not associated with a grade and was last in school Dec. 2.
The last case is associated with William S. Hackett Middle School. The person is not associated with a grade and was last in school Dec. 2.
Please be reminded that schools no longer are required to quarantine individuals who in the past were identified as contacts of a person who tests positive. We now identify anyone within a 6-foot radius of a positive individual as having been exposed and provide notification to that individual or, in the case of a student, their parent or guardian. We will continue to report positive cases.
Health and safety procedures continue at all district buildings and on buses, including cleaning and sanitizing. We also would like to remind everyone of steps you can take to help be safe:
1. Masks are optional in all school buildings in New York and, in our school district, on First Student buses and CDTA buses that transport students. (See Gov. Kathy Hochul’s Sept. 7 announcement that masking will now be optional in multiple settings where they were previously required, including on public transportation.) The district will respect the personal decision of all individuals and families regarding wearing masks in settings where they are optional.
2. Wash hands with soap and water frequently when out of your home. If you cannot use soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
3. Don’t touch the eyes, nose or mouth unless your hands are clean.
4. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL WHEN THEY ARE SICK OR HAVE SYMPTOMS:
5. We continue to encourage everyone who is able and eligible to get vaccinated.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.
The mission of the City School District of Albany is to work in partnership with our diverse community to engage every learner in a robust educational program designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary for success.
The district serves about 9,000 students in 16 schools: 12 elementary schools, three middle schools and Albany High School, a comprehensive high school with a career and technical education center. The district also offers additional innovative academic opportunities for students in support of our vision, mission and goals.
518-475-6000 | 1 Academy Park, Albany, NY 12207
IMPORTANT SURVEY REMINDERS